If you got to this page by a search engine, please do not read further but go to the Stroke Health Quiz of August 5, 2007. Take a pencil and a paper and write down the answers, then come back.
A. The five classical signs of a stroke
- Sudden numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg - especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
- Older age
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Cigarette smoking
- High cholesterol
- Stroke has occurred in the family
Excellent. You got the basics, but feel free to learn more about the details.
Not too bad but you may have missed some important points. Make sure to learn them.
You just have made an important step to fill your gaps of knowledge. Keep on, it may save your life or the life of others in an emergency.
National Stroke Association